Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Doctor Is: Out

Alas, I'm swamped with academic duties (and a book deadline) at the start of a new semester, so it will be a few days before I can post another article.

In the meantime, I'm trying to talk Dan, erstwhile psychology major and my old college roommate, into writing a post for the Psych Pundit blog.

In one of life's little ironies, I never took an undergrad psych class (math major, believe it or not) but wound up as a psychology professor, while Dan - the psych major - now works as an attorney doing business valuation (lots of math stuff). Back in college, I used to tease Dan about the 'bogus' nature of psychology, so maybe god's got an interesting sense of humor . . .

4 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

You and Dan and the different trajectories...that *is* ironic. Love hearing when colleagues are writing...what is your book on?

~Deb

Psych Pundit said...

Deb,

It's a book that describes a novel treatment approach to depression. I'll describe it on this site in a month or two, but for now my agent has asked that I keep it under wraps (no kidding). I promise to fill you in as soon as I'm able.

Helen said...

Hi Psych pundit,

I didn't know you were writing a book! Keep us posted when it will be out and where--I would love to read to get a copy.

Psych Pundit said...

Thanks, Helen ("Dr. Helen"?) -

It'll be a while before the book is finished (several chapters yet to go), but I'll be sure to let you know!